1. On the "Monthly" page of Timetracker, click the Download link at the top-right corner.
The panel opens with options to download and install the client, and then pair it with your Team Services account.
2. Click the Download link.
The Windows Client setup file is downloaded to your system.
Note: You need to download the setup file only if you have not already installed the Windows Client to your system.
3. Run the setup file.
The setup file installs the Windows Client and displays a dialog box prompting you to pair your client to your Team Services account.
4. Select PAIR from the "Download" options.
After successfully installing and pairing the Windows Client with the Team Project Collection on TFS, the system will display the client window. In this window, you can enter a work item ID or task name and start tracking time via the client, in addition to the web server.
For more information on tracking time for Team Services work items via Windows Client, please read 7pace Timetracker Windows Client Time Tracking with TFS/Non-TFS Work Items.
If you have already paired your email address with a Team Services account, you will see the dialog box with the paired connections list.
Note: Each time you switch between DevOps Server/Services accounts and want to use the Windows Client, you will need to pair it with that account.
Timetracker 3 | Unpairing the Windows Client from DevOps Server/Services
If you ever need to unpair your Windows Client, you can simply use the Unpair option and disconnect all clients connected to your DevOps Server/Services account.
1. For Timetracker 3, on the "Monthly" page, click "Download" at the top-right corner, and then the "Unpair" link.
2. Click OK.
Timetracker 3 | Disconnecting the Windows Client
1. In your system tray, right-click the Windows Client icon and select Disconnect.
The browser displays a window with a list of your connections.
Timetracker 3 Windows Client
2. Select the connection that you want to delete and click the remove connection ( ) icon.
Note: You can remove all your connections, but you will then need to pair your Windows Client before tracking time with it again.
Uninstalling the Windows Client
1. Go to the DevOps Server/Services system where you installed the Windows Client.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel and select the "Programs and Features" application.
3. Click the 7pace Timetracker program and click the Uninstall button.