By clicking on the "Change Dates" link, team members can temporarily change the date range of displayed tracked time details on the "Times Explorer" page. If that team member visits another page within Timetracker, however, and returns to the "Times Explorer" page, that temporary setting will return to the configured setting. This configured date range can be changed more permanently by an administrator within Timetracker's settings. We will show you how to do both, below.
Changing Displayed Time Records Temporarily
1. Sign into your Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services account.
2. On the main menu bar, click Time.
3. On the Time menu bar, click Times Explorer.
4. Click the Change Dates link.
Side-by-side calendars display:
5. On the left-side calendar, select the From date.
6. On the right-side calendar, select the To date.
7. Click the OK button -> The date range of displayed tracked time records is updated on the "Times Explorer" page.
Changing Displayed Time Records Permanently
Note: You have to have an administrator user role to do this.
- On the Time menu bar, click Configuration.
- From the left panel on the page, select Settings.
- Expand Timetracker System Settings.
- Under Times Explorer Preloaded Timeframe, type in the preferred number of months you want to be preloaded on the "Times Explorer" page prior to the current month.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings -> The "Times Explorer" page will now always show this date range on the page when you and your team members navigate to that page.