You can import time details that you have tracked outside of Timetracker, on the "Times Explorer" page. To import, you simply copy data from the source application (like Excel) and paste it into the "Import Times" popup window. You then associate each time detail to the specific field in the Timetracker database. Once verified, the imported time details are stored in the Timetracker database.
If Timetracker finds any errors, the import process will stop and the errors will display for you to correct before attempting to import again.
For more information on valid fields in Timetracker, see the "Functions" section of "Times Explorer" Page Overview.
1. On the Time menu bar, click Times Explorer.
2. On the Times Explorer page, click Import.
The Import Times page displays:
3. Paste time details that you copied from the source application (like Excel). You can find a sample import file here.
4. Click the Next button.
Timetracker analyzes the data that you pasted and displays it in a tabular format so you can properly associate each time detail in the column headers to the appropriate Timetracker field.
5. (Optional) In the far-left column, check the boxes for the time details you want to import. By default, all are selected.
6. Select the "Date Format" and the "Time Format" of your preference for the import.*
*Note: If you'd like to customize or change the format for your import, please find additional information at this link - Custom Date and Format Strings - and/or simply use the most popular formats (we used standard .NET Framework DateTime object format settings):
Basic Format Specifiers:
dd: day of month
h: hour in format 1-12 without leading zero
hh: hour in format 1-12 with leading zero
H: hour in 24h format without leading zero
HH: hour in 24h format with leading zero
mm: minutes with leading zero
tt: am/pm designator
Templates for Date/Time Formats
|Date Format||Time Format|
7. Copy-paste the Date Format and Time Format of your choice into the corresponding fields.
8. In the Column Name headers, click the dropdown arrows on each and select the appropriate header names for the time details below.
9. Click the Import Now button.
While importing, if there are any issues with the data, those issues will be highlighted and an error message will display.
10. (Optional) Check "Rows With Errors Only" to see just the rows that are causing issues in your import.
11. (Optional) After correcting your errors, if any, click the Import Now button again.
Once the time details are successfully imported, you can view these details on the "Times Explorer" page.