Important: Only a user with an assigned approval role (see "Approval" Page: Configuring Approval), usually a manager or team lead, can approve timesheets submitted by team members. Managers can view submitted timesheets in the Pending Approval section of the "Approval" tab page.
2. On the Time menu bar, click Approval.
3. Expand the Pending Approval section.
4. In the far-left column, expand the year and click on the week in which you want to view timesheet for approval.
- Approving the timesheets of multiple users:
- In the second column, click each team member and verify the submitted timesheet details of each.
- Click the checkbox for each team member whose timesheet you want to approve.
To select all team members, click the checkbox by the Approve Selected label.
- Click Approve Selected.
- Approving timesheets for all weeks:
If you want to approve the timesheets for all submitted/multiple weeks:
- In the first column, click each week and then verify the timesheet details of each team member is correct.
- Click Approve All Weeks.
8. On the Lock Week dialog box (which will display if you haven't configured automatic locking), click Lock to lock the week during which the approved timesheet was submitted for further editing (or "Cancel" to leave the week unlocked).
10. On the "Monthly" page, the team member whose timesheet was approved can see the Week is approved icon () in the Week Total column, and this message and status also displays on the "Timesheets" page for that week.
11. If the manager also locks the week, the user will see the Week is locked icon () message on the "Timesheet" page and in the Week Total column of the "Monthly" page.
Important: Please note that if you need to have changes made to an already-approved timesheet and you have locked the week, you must first navigate to the "Archived" section and unlock it by clicking on the () icon next to that week. Unlocking the week will then re-enable the "Re-open Selected" and "Re-open Timesheet" buttons on the "Archived" page. These two "re-open" buttons will be disabled when the week is locked. Once re-opened, your team member will be able to make changes to their timesheet and resubmit it to you again.
For more information about locking weeks, see "Approval" Page and Process Overview.
"Activity Types" on the Approval Page
You will see the following icons on the "Approval" page details panel for time tracked by your team members:
Hovering over the icon displays the time record(s) and the activity types they are categorized by.
Hovering over the icon displays the work items and any comments.
For more information on activity types, see "Activity Types".