Important: Only a user who has been added by a 7pace Timetracker administrator to the role of Approval Manager or Global Approval Manager (see Approval" Settings: How to Add an Approval Manager) can approve timesheets submitted by team members. 7pace Timetracker administrators can automatically view and/or approve submitted timesheets as well. Managers can view submitted timesheets in the Pending Approval section of the "Approval" tab page.
1. On the Time menu bar, click Approval
2. Expand the Pending Approval section.
3. In the far-left column, expand the year and click on the week in which you want to view timesheets that have been submitted for approval.
In the week depicted above, this is what you will see if you are a 7pace Timetracker administrator or a user who has been assigned as a Global Approval Manager (see Settings: General: Approval: How to Add an Approval Manager
for more information). You will see timesheets awaiting the approval of others, in addition to timesheets awaiting your approval. Timesheets who have not been submitted but not assigned to a specific approval manager will be displayed here as well.
4. In the second column, select the team member whose timesheet you want to approve.
When you select the team member, their timesheet details display on the far right, third column of the page.
5. Click the "<" by the red arrow, above.
This creates more real estate on the page.
Here, you can check the tracked time details for different work items and also the total time logged by your team members for each day or the entire week. The
icons indicate that there is an activity type associated with the time tracked. Hovering over the
icon displays the time record(s) and the activity types they are categorized by.
Note: The approval workflow requires that you personally discuss any changes that need to be made to a timesheet with your team members and ask them to revoke and submit their timesheet again, if need be.
6. After verifying the submitted timesheet details, click Approve Timesheet
Approving the timesheets of multiple users:
- In the second column, click each team member and verify the submitted timesheet details of each.
- Click the checkbox for each team member whose timesheet you want to approve.
To select all team members, click the checkbox by the Approve Selected label.
- Click Approve Selected.
Approving timesheets for all weeks:
- In the first column, click each week and then verify the timesheet details of each team member is correct.
- Click Approve All Weeks.
7. On the Approve Selected timesheet confirmation dialog box, click Approve
8. On the Lock Week dialog box (which will display if you haven't configured automatic locking), click Lock to lock the week during which the approved timesheet was submitted for further editing (or "Cancel" to leave the week unlocked).
On the "Monthly" page, the team member whose timesheet was approved can see the Week is approved icon () in the Week Total column, and this message and status also displays on the "Timesheets" page for that week.
If the manager also locks the week, the user will see the Week is locked icon () message on the "Timesheet" page and in the Week Total column of the "Monthly" page.