"Unsubmitted" timesheets are those that team members did not submit to their manager for approval. TFS Timetracker checks each week starting from the "Approval Start Date" configured in "Settings" and automatically moves weeks in which unsubmitted timesheets exist to the "Unsubmitted" section of the "Approval" page at the end of each week.
In the "Unsubmitted" section, a manager can close unsubmitted timesheets, which moves them to the "Archived" section. Closed timesheets can still be reopened from the archive, if changes need to be made, provided they are not locked (more details on that, below).
1. On the Timetracker menu bar, click Approval.
2. In the left pane, expand the Unsubmitted section.
3. In the first, far-left column, expand the year in the timesheet you are looking for exists.
4. Select the week in which you want to close the timesheet.
5. In the second column, select the team member whose timesheet you want to close.
When you select a team member, their timesheet details display in the far-right, third column.
6. Click Close Timesheet.
Closing the timesheet for multiple users:
If you want to close the timesheet for multiple team members:
7. In the second column, click the checkbox for each team member whose timesheet you want to close. To select all team members, click the top checkbox by the Close Selected label.
8. Click Close Selected or Close Timesheet.
Closing timesheets for a full year:
9. If you want to close all timesheets for a year:
10. In the first column, click the year and click Close All Weeks.
11. On the confirmation dialog box, click Close all.
12. In the "Lock Additional Weeks" dialog box (which will display if you haven't configured automatic locking in "Settings"), click Lock if you want to lock all weeks that don't have pending or unsubmitted timesheets remaining (or "Cancel" to leave the weeks unlocked).
The closed timesheet moves to the Archived section with the Closed flag and by whom it was closed. On the "Monthly" page, the team member whose timesheet was closed will see the Week is closed icon () in the Week Total column and this message and status also displays on the "Timesheets" page for that week. If the manager also locks the week, the user will see the Week is locked icon () message on the "Timesheet" page and in the Week Total column of the "Monthly" page.