The "Timesheet" page allows you to add your time on a weekly basis. You can:
- Click the "New Time" link at the top-left of the "Timesheet" page and use the "Add/Edit Time Record" dialog box to enter your time details.
- Click within a table cell and add time directly within that cell.
Using the "New Time" Link and the "Add/Edit Time Record" Dialog Box
1. On the Timesheet page, click the New Time link -> The "Add /Edit Time Record" dialog box displays.
2. Click the mode tab (Timeframe or Duration) in which you want to add your time.
3. In the TFS ID field, select the work item ID for which you want to add your time.
4. Click the Date field and select the date on which you want to add time.
5. If enabled by your administrator, in the Activity Type field, select an activity type or choose [Not Set].
6. In the Start and End field, enter the start and end time or In the Duration field, enter the length of time.
(Optional) In the Comment field, enter a comment for your time entry.
7. Click the Save button.
Adding Time Directly Within the Timesheet Table
You will notice that the Timesheet table features icons ( and) in its table cells. The () icon indicates that there is a single time entry in that cell.
1. Double-click in an empty or single-time entry table cell where you want to add or edit time -> The cell becomes an editable textbox.
- Enter your time in
- Use the arrow keys to select hours and minutes.
2. Press Tab or Enter on your keyboard to save the time entry.
Adding Time with the "Add Time" Dialog Box
You can also enter time by clicking on the () icon within a cell or, if the table cell contains multiple time records, the () icon. Clicking on either of these cell icons will open the the "Add Time" dialog box. This "Add Time" dialog box can be opened only from the "Timesheet" table.
|1||The ID and name of the work item for which you are adding time.|
|2||The weekday and date on which you are adding time for the work item.|
This table contains existing time records. You can add up to 5 time entries here.
By clicking in an empty row, you can add a new time record.
A new empty row automatically displays when you add the "Length and the "Start Time" for the previous record.
|5||The total time of all time records in the table.|
Clicking on the "x" deletes a time record.
This icon appears when you hover your mouse over any time record.
After deleting the required time records, you must click the Save button to delete the time records from the database.
|7||The buttons to save your changes or close the "Add Time" dialog box without making or saving changes.|
1. Click in the Length, Start, (Activity Type, if configured) and Comment cells, and either add or change the time and details.
2. Click in the empty cells to add a new time record on a new row.
Note: As mentioned in the table, above, each time you add time entry details in the empty "Length" and "Start" cells, a new empty row is automatically added beneath. You can add up to five (5) entries on the "Add Time" dialog box.