The "Timesheet" page allows you to add your time on a weekly basis. You can:
- Click the "New Time" link at the top-left of the "Timesheet" page and use the "Add/Edit Time Record" dialog box to enter your time details.
- Double-click within a table cell and add time directly within that cell.
- Click the ( or) icons within the table cells and use the "Add Time" dialog box to enter your time details.
Add Time with the "New Time" Link
1. On the Timesheet page, click the New Time link.
The "Add /Edit Time Record" dialog box displays.
2. Click the mode tab (Timeframe or Duration) in which you want to add your time.
3. In the TFS ID field, select the work item ID for which you want to add your time.
4. Click the Date field and select the date on which you want to add time.
5. If enabled by your administrator, in the Activity Type field, select an activity type or choose [Not Set].
6. In the Start and End field, enter the start and end time or In the Duration field, enter the length of time.
(Optional) In the Comment field, enter a comment for your time entry.
7. Click the Save button.
Add Time Directly Within the Timesheet Table
1. Double-click in an empty or single-time entry table cell where you want to add or edit time -> The cell becomes an editable textbox.
- Enter your time in
- Use the arrow keys to select hours and minutes.
2. Press Tab or Enter on your keyboard to save the time entry.
Add Time with the "Add Time" Dialog Box
You'll notice that the Timesheet table features icons ( and) in its table cells. The () icon indicates that there is either no time entry or just a single time entry in that cell. the () icon indicates that there are multiple time entries within that cell.
1. Click on the () icon or the () icon within a cell.
- Length: The duration of your work.
- Start: The start time of your work.
- Activity Type: Displays when enabled in "Configuration". You can categorize your time entries by the activity types created by your administrator.
- Comment: Any extra information relevant to your time entry.
4. Click "Save".