Adding a New Time Record
1. Sign in to your Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services account.
2. On the main menu bar, click Time.
3. On the Time menu bar, click Times Explorer.
4. On the toolbar, click the Add Time button -> The system displays the "Add/Edit Time Record" dialog box.
Note: The interface of the Add/Edit Time Record dialog box is based on the mode that you set on "Configuration" -> "Settings" -> "Management of Time Records and Work Log". For more information, see "Settings": Management of Time Records and Work Log.
If your administrator has enabled "Activity Types" in "Configuration", the "Activity Type" field will also display on the dialog box:
5. Click the Person drop-down list and select the person for whom you want to add time.
6. Enter appropriate values in other fields.
7. Click the Save button.
Editing a Time Record
1. In the time details table, click the pencil () icon for the time details record/row that you want to edit.
The pencil () icon is enabled only for the records that the logged in user has tracked/added/imported -> The system displays the "Add/Edit Time Record" dialog box.
Note: You can edit only your own the time records, or records that have been imported/added by you in "Times Explorer" and have not been altered by the assigned developer. It is by design that nobody can edit the time details of other users, not even administrators.
3. Change the values in the required fields.
4. Click the Save button.
Note: If a user is tracking time and edits (removes) the time record currently being tracked by the Windows Client or the Timetracker 4.0 Web Client, the system will automatically stop tracking.
Deleting a Time Record
Note: You can only delete the time details that you, yourself, have tracked on the system, however, an administrator can enable the option on the "Settings" page to allow another user role to delete time records as well. For more information, see "Settings": Timetracker System Settings.
1. In the "Times Explorer" time details table, select the records that you want to delete by clicking on the checkboxes by the specific rows -> The system enables the "Delete" button on the toolbar.
2. Click the Delete button.
You can also click the bin () icon for the time details record that you want to delete. The bin () icon is enabled only for the records that the logged in user has tracked.
Note: If a user is tracking time and edits (removes) the time record currently being tracked by the Windows Client or the Timetracker 4 Web Client, the system will automatically stop tracking.