1. Sign in to your Team Foundation Server or Team Services account.
2. On the Time menu bar, click Configuration.
3. On the left-side navigation pane, click Settings.
4. Expand the Approval Process Settings section.
5. (Optional) Select the Lock Weeks Automatically check box to automatically lock the week for further editing after the timesheet for that week is approved or closed by a manager.
Note: If you do not select this checkbox, the lock confirmation dialog box appears every time you approve or close a timesheet. You then either choose to lock the week or click cancel to leave it unlocked.
6. Click the Approval Start Date field and select the date on the popup calendar from which you want to start using approval functionality.
7. All the weeks prior to the selected date will be locked for editing for all users.
8. Click the Role That Can Approve Time drop-down list and select the role that will be approving or closing timesheets.
9. (Optional) Click the Reset All Approval Data button to reset/clear approval data.
Important: Confirming that you want to proceed with this action will delete all existing approval data from the database. All approval settings are then reset to their default values. If you do decide to click the “Reset” button, you can then change the first day of the week for time entry (which defaults to Monday).
20. Click the Apply button to save any changes you made.