7pace Timetracker 3 and later | Important
You can update DevOps Server while still keeping Timetracker 3 and above installed. Prior to Timetracker 3, you had to uninstall Timetracker first, before you were able to update DevOps Server. With Timetracker 3 and higher, you no longer have to uninstall Timetracker before beginning your DevOps Server update.
Timetracker 2.x | Important
For 2.x versions of Timetracker, you can update DevOps Server while keeping Timetracker 2.x installed if you are not crossing releases/updates of DevOps Server with architecture changes. Otherwise, you will have to uninstall Timetracker before upgrading your version of DevOps Server. For additional information and instruction on how to do this, please read this article in the "FAQ" section of our Knowledge Base.
Upgrading 7pace Timetracker for DevOps Server to the latest available version does not require you to backup your data or save any custom settings from your current version; existing data and settings are retained in the database. In addition, there is not a fixed upgrade path that you need to follow; you can upgrade from any previous version of the application to the very latest version available on the 7pace Timetracker website. (Please note that there is no way to roll back from Timetracker to previous versions once the update has been done.) Although you can directly download 7pace Timetracker to your production environment, we recommend that you first do so to your test environment to identify any issues specific to your environment. You also need to ensure that your current version of DevOps Server supports the latest version of Timetracker.
Before you start
Read and/or subscribe to the 7pace Blog for the most up-to-date list of features, fixes, and improvements in the version to which you want to upgrade.
Update DevOps Server
1. Ensure that DevOps Server is updated to the latest supported update. On your DevOps Server, open the Administration Console and check the current DevOps Server version in Application Tier Summary.
2. Access the Microsoft Visual Studio website (https://www.visualstudio.com/) and download the required update for your DevOps Server version (refer to the Microsoft MSDN website for information on the latest DevOps Server update).
3. After completing the update, check that you can successfully access DevOps Server. If it is running properly after the update, you are now ready to upgrade your version of 7pace Timetracker.
Install the Latest Version of 7pace Timetracker
1. Go to the 7paceTimetracker website (https://www.7pace.com/download).
2. On the Download page, check the supported system requirements.
3. Download the latest 7pace Timetracker version that will support the updated version of your Azure DevOps.
4. Install 7pace Timetracker (for more information, see 7pace Timetracker for DevOps Server Installation Guide).
5. After the installation has successfully completed, check the "About" page of Timetracker.
- Go to Time > Settings > About.
- Check that the version number has changed to the upgraded version.