Timetracker 3 and Timetracker 4 | Important
You can update Team Foundation Server (TFS) while still keeping Timetracker 3 and above installed. Prior to Timetracker 3, you had to uninstall Timetracker first, before you were able to update TFS. With Timetracker 3 and higher, you no longer have to uninstall Timetracker before beginning your TFS update.
Timetracker 2.x | Important
For 2.x versions of Timetracker, you can update TFS while keeping Timetracker 2.x installed if you are not crossing releases/updates of TFS with architecture changes. Otherwise, you will have to uninstall Timetracker before upgrading your version of TFS. For additional information and instruction on how to do this, please read this article in the "FAQ" section of our Knowledge Base.
Upgrading 7pace Timetracker for TFS to the latest available version does not require you to backup your data or save any custom settings from your current version; existing data and settings are retained in the database. In addition, there is not a fixed upgrade path that you need to follow; you can upgrade from any previous version of the application to the very latest version available on the 7pace Timetracker website. (Please note that here is no way to roll back from Timetracker 4 to Timetracker 3.) Although you can directly downloadTimetracker to your production environment, we recommend that you first do so to your test environment to identify any issues specific to your environment. You also need to ensure that your current version of TFS supports the latest version of Timetracker.
Please note that if you are upgrading from Timetracker 2.8 or Timetracker 3.x to Timetracker 4, the Service Account is now a required setting, as it is necessary for server side tracking.
Additionally, if you are upgrading from Timetracker 3 to Timetracker 4, we recommend that you download and install the new Windows Client manually.
Before You Start
Read and/or subscribe to the 7pace Blog for the most up-to-date list of features, fixes, and improvements in the version to which you want to upgrade.
Update Team Foundation Server (TFS)
1. Ensure that TFS is updated to the latest supported update. On your TFS server, open the Administration Console and check the current TFS version in Application Tier Summary.
2. Access the Microsoft Visual Studio website (https://www.visualstudio.com/) and download the required update for your TFS version (refer to the Microsoft MSDN website for information on the TFS update).
3. After completing the update, check that you can successfully access TFS. If it is running properly after the update, you are now ready to upgrade your version of Timetracker.
Install the Latest Version of 7pace Timetracker
1. Go to the 7paceTimetracker website (https://www.7pace.com/download).
2. On the Download page, check the supported system requirements.
3. Download the latest 7pace Timetracker version that will support the updated version of your TFS.
4. Install 7pace Timetracker (for more information, see 7pace Timetracker for TFS Server Installation Guide).
5. After the installation has successfully completed, check the "About" page of Timetracker.
- Go to Time > Configuration > About.
- Check that the version number has changed to the upgraded version.