Activating 7pace Timetracker
Note: Before purchasing a license for 7pace Timetracker for DevOps Server, install the trial version by downloading the application from www.7pace.com. With the trial, you can use all 7pace Timetracker features for 28 days, without any limitations.
To determine the best 7pace Timetracker subscription for you and your team, please view our different per-user pricing plans at https://www.7pace.com/pricing. The purchasing experience is within the installed software. After starting a trial or installing Timetracker, head for the 'Organization Settings' of your Azure DevOps organization, and look for '7pace Timetracker'. Here, you can manage your subscription. For more information on purchasing before or after your trial expires, see How to Buy 7pace Timetracker After Your Trial Ends.
You will find your subscription ID on any invoice or email from the commerce system. 7pace Timetracker can then be activated via two different methods - online or offline.
Applying your license online
Online activation requires an internet connection to run 7pace Timetracker server. Support for a proxy server is available. For more information, see below.
We recommend online activation of your license because of the following benefits:
- Upon renewal, activation continues without interruption of service
- You only need to apply your subscription ID once
- Changes to your subscription appear immediately in all your server systems
1. On the "Settings" tab, selection "Subscription" or follow the direct path Organization Settings -> Extensions -> 7pace Timetracker -> Subscription.
2. On the "Subscription" page, you can click "Buy Now" if your trial has expired or under "Do you have an existing subscription?" copy and paste your subscription ID into the "Subscription ID" field and click the "Apply" button.
The page refreshes, displaying subscription info.
Applying your license offline
If your server cannot connect to the Internet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with your subscription ID. We will issue a file for offline activation for you.
1. On the Time menu bar, click Settings - > Subscription or follow the direct path Organization Settings -> Extensions -> 7pace Timetracker -> Subscription.
2. Click the Enforce offline validation mode hyperlink.
The file dialog box opens.
4. Click the Continue to enforce Offline Activation link to select the license file.
5. Apply the license.
Enabling proxy server settings
When you use an online subscription ID to activate your 7pace Timetracker for DevOps Server license, Timetracker keeps connecting to the license server to check whether the subscribed license is active or not. However, if your DevOps server is behind a proxy server, Timetracker won't be able to connect to the license server and will display a message that your license is inactive.
Important: Currently, 7pace Timetracker only supports the http(s) proxy settings.
1. On the "Settings" tab of the "Time" menu, click on "Subscription" and follow the hyperlink or access directly from path Organization Settings -> Extensions -> 7pace Timetracker -> Subscription.
2. Click the Proxy settings link.
The Proxy Settings for the License dialog box opens.
2. Click the Enable proxy check box.
3. In the Server address and port field, specify the correct proxy server address with the port number.
(Optional) Click the Use PROXY authentication checkbox if your proxy server requires authentication.
4. In the Username and Password fields, type in your credentials.
5. Click the Apply button.
You might get an error message if the specified proxy server address is incorrect or the specified proxy server is not reachable.