You can import time details that you have tracked outside of 7pace Timetracker, on your personal "Times Explorer" page. To import, you simply copy data from the source application (like Excel) and paste it into the "Import Times" popup window. You then associate each time detail to the specific field in the Timetracker database. Once successfully verified, your imported time details are stored in the Timetracker database. However, if Timetracker finds any errors, the import process stops and the errors are displayed for you to correct before attempting the process again. For more information on valid fields in Timetracker, see the "Columns" section of "Times Explorer" (Personal Data Only) Page Overview.
1. Sign into your Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services account.
2. On the main menu bar, click Time.
3. On the Time menu bar, click Times Explorer.
4. On the Times Explorer page, click Import Times.
The Import Times page displays:
5. Paste your copied time details from the source application (for example, Excel).
6. Click the Next button.
Timetracker analyzes the data that you pasted and displays it in a tabular format so you can properly associate each time detail to the appropriate Timetracker field.
7. (Optional) In the far-left column, check the boxes for the time details you want to import. By default, all are selected.
8. In the Column Name headers, click the dropdown arrows on each and select the appropriate header names for the time details below.
9. Click the Import Now button.
While importing, if there are any issues with the data, those issues will be highlighted and an error message will display.
Note: If you want to cancel the import operation, click the Clear All Data (Return to Copy&Paste) button on the toolbar.
10. (Optional) After correcting the errors, if any, click the Import Now button again.
Once the time details are successfully imported, you can view these details on your "Times Explorer" page.