DevOps Server Workflow
For pairing with DevOps Services, we do not have any tokens. Timetracker uses NTLM auth for API endpoints and impersonates calls to DevOps Server with this data.
The only thing we need is the address of the Timetracker application.
If you know your Timetracker URI, just use %timetracker_address%/api address to API.
If you only know the DevOps Server URI and want to find the Timetracker address, please use this procedure:
- User enters AD credentials to connect to DevOps Server.
- User enters DevOps Server URL with collection.
- Timetracker performs GET request to %CollectionName%/_apis/Contribution/InstalledApps/.
- In the returned JSON, find extension with:
- "extensionId": “TimetrackerOnPremises”,
- Use baseUri from the found extension to validate access to GET /api/tracking/client/latest?api-version=2.