*Please note that this article contains information pertinent to future functionality that hasn't been released yet.
For pairing with VSTS, we do not have any tokens. Timetracker uses NTLM auth for API endpoints and impersonates calls to TFS with this data.
The only thing we need is the address of the Timetracker application.
If you know your Timetracker URI, just use %timetracker_address%/api address to API.
If you only know the TFS URI and want to find the Timetracker address, please use this procedure:
- User enters AD credentials to connect to TFS.
- User enters TFS URL with collection.
- Timetracker performs GET request to %CollectionName%/_apis/Contribution/InstalledApps/.
- In the returned JSON, find extension with:
- "extensionId": “TimetrackerOnPremises”,
- Use baseUri from the found extension to validate access to GET /api/tracking/client/latest?api-version=2.