With the implementation of 7pace's Web Client, Timetracker now tracks time on a server. This means that even when you finish your work, close your browser, and go home for the day, Timetracker keeps tracking time for you in the background (you can configure settings for Timetracker's Web and Windows Clients in the "Time Tracking" section of our "Configuration" tab). As soon as you re-open Timetracker or the Windows Client, you will see actual tracked time from from the moment you clicked the "Start Tracking" button.
To enable this functionality, Timetracker uses tokens and you will need to authorize Timetracker in order to download our new Windows Client, use our new Web Client and other features within Timetracker 4.0.
1. When you first open Timetracker 4, you will notice the following "Welcome" screen when you navigate to any Timetracker page.
2. Click the "Authorize" button.
3. The following screen will display:
4. Follow the instructions, above, to authorize Timetracker.
5. You will now be able to use and/or pair the Windows Client with your current account and use the new Timetracker Web Client.