7pace wants to take the user experience of Timetracker to the next level. The best way to do that and to improve our product overall, is to analyze how our customers are using it. To that end, we are giving you the option of allowing us to collect anonymous data as you use our Windows Client.
What We Collect
We will collect how you use our Windows Client:
- Application start event
- Application exit event
- Account pairing
- Switching accounts
- Using Work Items search
- Using Comments
- Using Activity Types
- Using different settings
- Using Start/Stop tracking actions
- Any unexpected errors in applications
Additionally, we will collect info about your system:
- Operating system name and version
- Account type (TFS or VSTS)
- Application version
What We Won't Collect
- Any personal data that will allow us to identify you (no username or email)
- Any data coming from your TFS/VSTS (no TFS IDs, titles, etc.)
- Any data entered by the user
All data with respect to “using features” is transformed into Boolean values, without using any actual values.
We will use your computer name and username to generate unique, consistent code to properly group different events coming from each user. That data won't leave your PC; we will get only the code.
You can disable the collection telemetry at any time from your client settings.