How do I update DevOps Server (formerly TFS) with 7pace Timetracker 2.x installed?
You can update DevOps Server while keeping *7pace Timetracker 2.x installed if you are not crossing releases/updates of Microsoft Team Foundation Server with architecture changes.
IMPORTANT: Before you update DevOps Server, please carefully read the information in this article. If you are not sure what to do, always use the "Safe Update" as explained, below.
Please note that Microsoft introduced architecture changes in the following versions of DevOps Server:
- Microsoft DevOps Server 2012 Update 3
- Microsoft DevOps Server 2013 RTM
- Microsoft DevOps Server 2013 Update 2
- Microsoft DevOps Server 2015 RTM
- Microsoft DevOps Server 2015 Update 1
Microsoft DevOps Server 2012 Update 3 is the initial platform that is supported by 7pace Timetracker for DevOps Server.
If you are updating DevOps Server and you are crossing one of these milestone releases, please make sure to uninstall 7pace Timetracker before you update DevOps Server using the steps explained in "Safe Update".
Safe Update of Microsoft Team Foundation Server
Here are detailed steps on how to proceed:
- Uninstall 7pace Timetracker from 'installed programs' on the server
- Perform the desired update of Microsoft DevOps Server
- Visit www.7pace.com/download to download the latest version of 7pace Timetracker for the updated platform of DevOps Server
- Install 7pace Timetracker
*For details on how to update DevOps Server with 7pace Timetracker 3.0 and above, please see Part 2: How do I update Microsoft DevOps Server with Timetracker 3.0 installed?