We recently switched from 7pace Timetracker (on-prem) for DevOps Server to 7pace Timetracker (cloud) for DevOps Services. The "7pace Timetracker" tab (formerly the "Time" tab) is not showing up on the work item form; is there a way to fix that?
Unfortunately, when you migrate from DevOps Server to DevOps Services, extensions are not inserted into the work item form template (it is marked as modified internally in DevOps Services). Therefore, you have to modify your WI xml templates in order to add 7pace Timetracker-specific fields like the "7pace Timetracker" tab and "Start Tracking" button on the work item form.
The basic process is described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/extend/develop/configure-workitemform-extensions?view=vsts
In this specific case, do the following:
1. Navigate to "https://dev.azure.com/[youraccount]/_admin/_process".
2. Locate the process template you want to modify, click on "..." button and Export it. This will produce a zip archive with a lot of folders and files inside.
3. Open the "WorkItem Tracking\TypeDefinitions" folder. There, you should see a lot (10-20) of xml files of Work Item Types.
4. Select the types you want to have "Time" and "Work" added to the work item form (or maybe all) and apply edits to each xml:
a. Add this into your <WebLayout> as the first element:
b. Add two (2) new groups to enable "Time" and "Work".
Work is located by default (but you can change the location as you wish) inside <Page> second <Section>, before closing </Section> add:
<GroupContribution Label="Work" Id="7pace.Timetracker.work-item-form-group" />
Time is a "page", add it after </Page>:
<PageContribution Label="Time" Id="7pace.Timetracker.work-item-form-page" />
Apply the same edits to all affected xmls.
5. Save and import Template. After that, "Time" and "Work" will reappear.