Connect and pair 7pace Timetracker Mobile for DevOps cloud and start tracking
We no longer support 7pace Timetracker for Mobile for on-prem. 7pace Timetracker for Mobile is still available for cloud.
Please note that a prerequisite of using 7pace Timetracker Mobile is having the web version of Timetracker for DevOps Server/Services first.
Connecting the mobile versions of 7pace Timetracker for Mobile for DevOps Services (cloud) is quick and easy. You'll need to pair it the first time you use 7pace Timetracker Mobile and/or each time you logout and connect to a different project.
Timetracker Mobile for DevOps Services (cloud)
1. On the "Connect to Your Account" page, select "Connect to DevOps Services".
"Connect your DevOps Services Account" screen displays:
2. Type in your DevOps Services organization name in the text field and hit "enter" on your phone keypad or "Continue".
Instruction screen detailing how to connect your mobile device via your Timetracker web version displays:
3. Open Timetracker for DevOps Services (cloud) web version and navigate to the "Apps" tab.
4. Under the "Pair Mobile App" section, paste your PIN into the "Enter PIN here" textbox.
Page refreshes and you are brought to the main screen of the Timetracker mobile app.
If you have already used the app, you will see a list of your most recently-tracked work items.
If you are not currently tracking on a work item, you will see the blue plus (+) button, as shown, above. If you have already started tracking on an item (via 7pace Timetracker for Web or 7pace Timetracker for Windows), you will see the black "stop" button:
Start tracking an item with 7pace Timetracker Mobile
Prerequisite: 7pace Timetracker Mobile for DevOps Services must first be paired with/connected to with your Timetracker web account. Please see "Connecting Timetracker Mobile for Services" for more information.
This is the main screen of the Timetracker mobile app as it appears if it is your first time using the app:
If you have already used the app, you will see a list of your most recently-tracked work items. The most recent will display at the very top.
1. To quickly start tracking on a previously tracked item, swipe-left on that item:
2. Click the blue "Start" button to start tracking (or "Delete" to delete the track).
3. To start tracking on a new item, click on the blue plus ("+") button.
If you have previously tracked time using Timetracker Mobile, your last tracked item and activity type will display ...
... if you have not, these fields will be blank ...
4. Click in the top text field.
The search work item screen displays:
Your last-tracked items display in the list.
5. Either select an item from this list or start typing in the search field.
6. Hit the "Search" button on your mobile keyboard.
A list of results display:
7. Click on a selection from the list.
You are returned to the "Start Tracking" screen.
8. Add any optional comments.
If you'd like to change the activity type on the item, click on the lower activity type field.
The Activity Type selection screen displays:
9. Click on a selection.
You're returned to the "Start Tracking" screen.
10. Click on the "Start Tracking" button.
7pace Timetracker for Mobile begins tracking and you are returned to the home screen. This also kicks off tracking on the 7pace Timetracker for Web app and the 7pace Timetracker for Windows app, if you have downloaded it. The blue plus (+) button now displays as a black stop button.
Start Tracking on an Existing Item with 7pace Timetracker Mobile
Prerequisite: Timetracker Mobile for DevOps Services (cloud) must first be paired with/connected to with your Timetracker web account. Please see "Connecting Timetracker Mobile for DevOps Server/Services" for more information.
If you have already used the app, you will see a list of your most recently-tracked work items. The most recent will display at the very top and also be highlighted at the bottom.
1. Swipe-left on one of the top items on which you've previously tracked.
The "Start" button displays:
2. Click on "Start".
Tracking begins on the selected item.