Add, manage, and understand time spent on monday.com items using 7pace Item View which allows you to:
- Add Time you spent on an item or a subitem in a few clicks.
- Understand effort that was spent on the item and its subitems by you and your teammates in a glance
- Review and manage individual time entries.
Setting up Item view
Connect the item view to monday.com columns (via 'Settings') to gather additional insights:
- Planned hours: Compare planned and actual time while highlighting exceeded hours.
- If you don't set up this field, or if the field is empty or zero, all time will be marked as 'exceeded'.
- Effort: Calculate 'pace' of the task - the ratio between planned effort (hours, story points, days..) and actual recorded hours. Knowing your pace can help you estimate future tasks better.
- Status: See how much time was tracked per item status. The status is dynamically determined on the basis of the status of the respective item valid at the start time of a worklog.
To record how much time you spent on an item, just click the 'Add Time' button, fill in hours (or choose a predefined value) and click 'Save'.
If you need more precision, you can fill in a specific Timeframe and add a comment (this is especially helpful when reviewing your time in retrospect).
See and manage time spent on item
You can see all time entries related to the given item and its subitems by clicking on a user's avatar. In case of your own time entries, you can also edit or delete these.
Understand how time was spent
- Breakdown by users shows total time spent by users on the item and all its subitems.
- Breakdown by items shows how much time was spent per (sub)item.
- Breakdown by status is dynamically determined on the basis of the status of the respective item valid at the start time of a worklog. So for example, if status was 'In progress' between Aug 8 and Aug 10 and you fill in time with a date set to Aug 9, this time will show as tracked on 'In Progress' status.
- Status is calculated on the current item - that includes time tracked on subitems. Using the example above, if you tracked time on a subitem on Aug 9 and the subitem was in status 'Backlog', such time will still be mapped to 'In Progress' status when viewed on the Item level.