7pace Timetracker 5.13.1 - 2020-11-19
- Timesheet: Fixed issue that was preventing users from editing multiple time entries on the Timesheet page.
7pace Timetracker 5.13.0 - 2020-11-18
Add time directly from work item context menu
- You can now not only start tracking from the work item context menu on boards or queries, but you can also add time directly from there too.
- 7pace Timetracker for DevOps Server (on-prem) now works correctly with HTTP (please use at your own risk with degraded security) in most modern browsers. (on-prem only)
- Client API v2.1: "track" model now contains "workLogId" property, which stores the ID of the current track's worklog. "workLog" model now contains "createdTimestamp" and "editedTimestamp", which stores the entry creation date and last modification date accordingly.
- Fixed workLog date day value that was missed in workLogsWorkItems API.
- Email notifications: Fixed issue that caused email notifications to be not sent when timesheets were submitted for approval or approved. (on-prem)
7pace Timetracker 5.12.0 - 2020-11-13
- Personal Access Token (PAT): PAT added as one of the default ways of authorizing 7pace Timetracker for DevOps Services (cloud only)
For more information, click here.
7pace Timetracker 5.11.3 - 2020-11-12
- Timesheet/Approval: Fixed issue that caused email notifications to be not sent when timesheets were submitted for approval or approved. (cloud)
- In-app documentation: Fixed broken links to documentation within Timetracker UI.
7pace Timetracker 5.11.2 - 2020-11-03
- Performance: Improved Reporting page performance and related APIs.
7pace Timetracker 5.11.1 - 2020-10-22
Users with role higher than Team can now see other users' data on the Monthly page. (cloud only)
- OData libraries have been updated to the version that supports the MathExpressions feature correctly.
- Help button: Fixed "Help" button support widget that was overlaying certain parts of the Timetracker UI.
7pace Timetracker 5.11.0 - 2020-10-22 (on-prem)
7pace Timetracker has made the switch to ASP.NET Core 3.1.
For .NET Core update requirements, please click here.
Budgets: Can now assign budgets to work items from the 7pace Timetracker tab in the work item form. Can also view budget inheritance information directly from the work item form's 7pace Timetracker tab.
For more information on how to add a budget directly from the work item form, please check out our documentation here.
API: New endpoint implemented, that can be used to return a list of licensed users in their organization with details, below:
Click here for more information.
- Budgets: Added ability to add root iteration/project to a budget.
7pace Timetracker 5.10.0 - 2020-10-12 (cloud)
Budgets: Can now assign budgets to work items from the 7pace Timetracker Tab in the work item form. Can also view budget inheritance information directly from the work item form's 7pace Timetracker tab.
API: New endpoint implemented, that can be used to return a list of licensed users in their organization with details, below:
- Budgets: Added ability to add root iteration/project to a budget.
- Times Explorer: Grouping by Parent and Work Item columns will now display additional information (number of items in group, total time tracked in group).
- Reporting: Fixed issue that was causing Reporting cache to be corrupted if the relationships between work items changed. This could potentially lead to incorrect calculations and reporting data. It is fixed now.
- Reporting: Fixed issue that appeared as an "unexpected error" for new users.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.9 - 2020-09-22
- Odata WorkItemsHierarchyAllLevels: Fixed incorrect Parent field and roll-up fields feature.
- Reporting: Improved Reporting error messaging. Error messages now include user-friendly hints and links to knowledge base articles.
- Reporting: API reference and API Overview articles were updated to reflect the current stage of Reporting models and endpoints.
- Budgets: Fixed issue that was causing work items to miss the inherited budget if the direct budget assignment was removed (appeared with enabled reporting only); Fixed issue that was causing iterations to miss budget when reporting was enabled.
- Settings: Work Item Automation: "Apply & Copy to Projects" now shows the correct number of projects from the current organization.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.8 - 2020-09-09
- Reporting: Improved error messaging that displays when Reporting is in a a broken state under the "Settings -> Reporting & REST API" tab.
- Mobile Client: Mobile logos have been updated to reflect new 7pace branding.
- Reporting: Fixed issue where users were unable to remove 1x1 Widget from Timetracker's Reporting page.
- Times Explorer: Fixed issue where Budget column was showing as empty after mass-assigning a budget. Updates made now display immediately.
- Add/Edit Time: Work items search no longer returns deleted items in the results.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.7 - 2020-09-02
- 7pace Timetracker Branding: Updated 7pace Timetracker branding, including Kitten branding.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.6 - 2020-08-27
- Tokens: Fixed issue when OAuth token is not updated properly.
- Performance: Improved requests spam prevention logic for Timetracker authorization system.
- Hotfix: Win client: Increased stability of pairing Windows Client from Apps page.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.5 - 2020-08-13
- Performance: Reporting: Increased stability of widgets loading on the Reporting page. (cloud only)
- Fixed bug that leads to wrong TopTFSID value in TimeExport API 2.1 and an issue with wrong time rolling up in Work Item tab. (cloud only)
7pace Timetracker 5.9.4 - 2020-08-03
- Work item "Add Time" dialog: Fixed issue where Add Time dialog from Work Item Form was not working for some users.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.3 - 2020-07-29
- Reporting: Improved logic for Reporting data - updated scheduling, reduced intervals for data update; Reporting enabled for legacy customers when using Reporting page or Reporting API.
- API: Fixes/improvements for several types' description in API swagger; Stop Tracking button icon on work item dialog is fixed for big resolution screens.
- Times Explorer: Times Explorer page "Delete" worklog button is fixed for Chrome for Mac;
Start Tracking button in Web Client is fixed for Safari when Zoom is used. (usually on small screens with large resolution)
- IE11: Fixed issue, when two client-side scripts were failing to load with 404 error.
- Work Item "7pace Timetracker" ("Time") tab and "Start Tracking" button: Fixed issue that was occurring in rare cases when the "7pace Timetracker" ("Time" tab and "Start Tracking" button were failing to load with 500 error.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.2 - 2020-07-21
- Reporting: Fixed OData query "IN" statement; Fixed issue that was appearing when several cusomFields/rollupFields were specifies and separated by commas; Fixed error "The specified LINQ expression contains references to queries that are associated with different contexts" that was sometimes appearing on the Times Explorer page when reporting was disabled and project filtering was applied; Fixed the error that appeared when attempting to delete a Budget.
7pace Timetracker 5.9.1 - 2020-07-18
- Core Release performance improvements. (Cloud only)
- Removed 'Showing all data' label from the Reporting page filter bar for clearer UI messaging. (Cloud only)
- WorkItemsHierarchyAllLevels: Performance of workItemsHierarchyAllLevel OData endpoint is improved and re-enabled. It includes some significant changes, so it's marked as deprecated for API v3.0, and works in v3.1-beta (it requires work item type filtering there - please click here for more information). (Cloud only)
- API: Added new WorkItems sub-endpoints in API v3.1-beta (Parent, AllWorklogs). (Cloud only)
- Reporting: Fixed a floating issue when App crashing on 'Processing' in budget column. (Cloud only)
- Search: Search delay improvement in Web and Windows clients which helps to prevent DevOps throttling for big organizations. (Cloud)
- Times Explorer and Timesheet pages: Fixed 500 errors that appeared when opening Times Explorer or Timesheet pages after renaming the organization. (Cloud only)
- Times Explorer: Implemented possibility to hide the Import button on Times Explorer for an organization. Enabling per request. (Cloud only)
7pace Timetracker 5.9.0 - 2020-07-04
- Performance improvements for Australia and India instances only.
7pace Timetracker 5.8.3 - 2020-07-01
- Reporting (on-prem): Fixed WorkItem cache build for on-prem; Improved TFS2015 compatibility (missing area and iterations info in API); Reporting enabled and restarted for on-prem.
7pace Timetracker 5.8.2 - 2020-06-05
- Reporting: Fixed Area and Iteration removal handle in TFS2015.
- Reporting: Enabled by default for on-prem versions.
7pace Timetracker 5.8.1 - 2020-05-26
- Reporting: Fixed a floating issue that led to page crashes with 503 error.
7pace Timetracker 5.8.0 - 2020-05-19
- Times Explorer: Now shows "(Processing ..)" in the budget column on the Times Explorer page for the worklogs of recently-added work items when Reporting is working.
- Reporting: Fixed duplicates 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' values in response headers when requesting the Reporting API; Fixed an issue in Reporting that could appear after changing the name of AreaPath; Added a visual UI delay between requests when editing the Query or Console fields within the Widget configuration;
- Times Explorer: Fixed issue where the wrong budget of worklogs was displaying for recently-added work items on the Times Explorer page.
7pace Timetracker 5.7.0 - 2020-05-05
- Replaced 7pace Timetracker contributions in DevOps with more obvious ones that highlight 7pace. The "Time" menu, "Time" tab on work item dialog/form, and "Work" block with "Start Tracking" button on the work item dialog now display as "7pace Timetracker".
- Performance: Fixed a possible floating performance slowdown when opening '7pace Timetracker' tab on the work item form.
7pace Timetracker 5.6.5 - 2020-04-27
- Budgets: Fixed an issue where an error occurred when opening a budget with a large amount of assigned workitems.
7pace Timetracker 5.6.4 - 2020-04-21
- Reporting: Potential internal errors in Widgets will no longer cause the entire page to crash.
- Reporting: Improved messaging for Widgets exceptions. Added a message informing users that Widgets changes were not saved with unconfigured fields.
7pace Timetracker 5.6.3 - 2020-04-07
- Reporting: Fixed floating-issue when dates in widget settings are applied incorrectly; Fixed floating issue 'duplicate key row in object 'dbo.WorkItemFieldType' which was causing Reporting to have a status of 'Broken'.
- Reporting: Fixed issue when widgets that were exported before implementing OData version selection could not be imported.
- Reporting: Fixed incorrect computing date in widgets with date filters.
- Timesheet: Fixed the cell borders of the time editor on the Timesheet page.
- API: Timetracker API version 3.1-preview is deprecated, users should use 3.1-beta instead.
- API: Fixed Budget endpoint in Api v3.
- Fixed issue that occurs when changing the name of the DevOps organization.
- Improved error messages on WinClient and on widgets on Reporting page that are associated with a license problem.
7pace Timetracker 5.6.2 - 2020-04-01
- Hotfix: Reporting: Fixed worklogs count logic for Times Explorer page.
7pace Timetracker 5.6.1 - 2020-03-31
- Hotfix: Reporting API 'workItemsHierarchyAllLevels' endpoint is temporarily disabled due to performance issues and generating a high load on our instances.
7pace Timetracker 5.6.0 - 2020-03-24
- Reporting: Reporting page within 7pace Timetracker which used to be a preview feature, is now available for everyone (cloud).
- Reporting: Fixed workItemsHierarchy and workItemsHierarchyAllLevels reporting API endpoints that didn't return Parent field when expanded.
- Reporting: Fixed floating Reporting API issue with error message, "The operation cannot be completed because the DbContext has been disposed."
- API: OnPrem: Fixed support for multiple collections in API for on-prem versions.
- Reporting: Filters within the Reporting dashboard now load much quicker.
- Windows Client: Added hint in Window Client when hovering name or ID of work item that shows the name of project.
- Times Explorer: 'Parent' column values in Times Explorer are now clickable and show work item dialog.
7pace Timetracker 5.5.10 - 2020-03-16
- API: API 2.1: Fixed an issue where [Not Set] was displaying in ActivityType in export.
7pace Timetracker 5.5.9 - 2020-03-12
- Accounting/Subscription: User Management: Fixed role assignment for "None" role, so that users can now be removed from Timetracker successfully.
- Times Explorer: Billable: Fixed update of billable track length logic.
- Times Explorer: "Layouts" for work items are now saved correctly with applied filters.
- Reporting: Users' filter can now load more then 500 users.
- Reporting: Fixed issue with missing fields in Odata time export that was occurring when Reporting feature is enabled.
- Reporting: Reporting widget templates now contain predefined values (new widgets were being created with empty/incorrect configuration fields).
- Timesheet: Fixed the incorrect hint that was displaying on the Timesheet page on cells that are disabled because tracking time for the future rule is disabled; Fixed color of disabled cells on Timesheet page.
- Mobile Client: Fixed issue that crashed Android client for some locale settings set on the device.
- Mobile Client: Brought back support of iOs 12 and lower for mobile client (iOS (12 and less) was crashing on the "pairing with the DevOps account" step).
- Geo-distribution: Better "Start Tracking" button behavior and more informative messaging when tracking is attempted while account is migrating to new region.
7pace Timetracker 5.5.8 - 2020-03-02
- Fix API for Reporting table widgets children requests
7pace Timetracker 5.5.7 - 2020-03-02
- Hotfix: Reporting page filters were fixed (was broken in 5.5.6).
7pace Timetracker 5.5.6 - 2020-02-25
- Account/Subscription: Fixed issue that was occurring periodically where some users were having their user roles set to "None".
- Activity Type Settings: Fixed issue where the system default activity type was not being reset if an Admin adjusted the "Favorite" activity type.
- Reporting: Reporting widgets now support non-array arithmetic formaters.
- Reporting: Fixed an issue with non-inherited budgets from iterations in workitems (budget was appearing as invalid).
- Reporting: Fixed an error that occurred when iteration was renamed with the same title but changed the registry.
- Times Explorer: Fixed missing "Parent" column on Times Explorer page when Reporting feature is enabled.
- API: Fixed OData export issue that was sometimes appearing when "Reporting" page is enabled.
- API: v2.1 now returns Budget name when Reporting is enabled.
- Reporting: Added ability to select the version of the Odata endpoint in Widget Configure.
- Reporting: Added support for TFS 2015.
Important Update - 2020-02-24
API: We've disabled (Transport Layer Security) TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 protocols' support in 7pace Timetracker. This may result in issues with the API and seeing error messages such as "The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred on a send" or "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 protocols are outdated and have been compromised, therefore, it's not safe to use them. Most companies, including Google, Microsoft, and Apple are going to deprecate these protocols in March 2020. All services that continue using these protocols will be banned, so we have had to stop using these older versions.
From today forward, 7pace Timetracker uses TLS 1.2, so our customers may need to update their tools if they don't support this version.
7pace Timetracker 5.5.5 - 2020-02-04
- Timesheet: Fixed issue where the Timesheet page was throwing an error regarding API lack in TFS2015.
- Times Explorer: Fixed issue where Times Explorer was displaying errors if a user accidentally lost access to one of the pre-selected projects.
- Iterations: Improved filter logic and Summaries calculation.
- Google Chrome: 7pace Timetracker now supports new cookie SameSite policy.
7pace Timetracker 5.5.2 - 2020-01-30
Export: UserId again uses DevOps IserID if Reporting is enabled.
7pace Timetracker 5.5.0 - 2020-01-20
- Geo-distribution: Allows you to choose from a Microsoft Azure datacenter near your base of operations. With your 7pace Timetracker data stored closer, Timetracker will run faster and you’ll notice improved performance for your team. Previously, all 7pace Timetracker customers automatically had their data housed in an Azure West Europe location. Now, our new geo-distribution system also stores and processes data within Azure datacenters in the following geographical locations:
- Azure Central US
- Azure South India
- Azure Australia East
7pace Timetracker 5.4.1 - 2020-01-17
- Timesheet/Monthly: Fixed error that occurred for some users when submitting timesheet or opening the Monthly page.
7pace Timetracker 5.4 - 2020-01-16
- Reporting: Improved performance of Reporting data processing.
- Reporting: New "MathExpression" formatter was added to widgets configuration. See this reference - https://support.7pace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035502332-Reporting-API-Overview#data-formatters
- Reporting: worklogsWorkitems endpoint in Reporting Odata can now show ParentItem of Workitems and allows group worklogs by ParentItem. (Only for Odata v3.1-beta)
- Reporting: "Billable" dashboard filter was added. It can be enabled within any dashboard by clicking the "Edit" button and selecting the "Billable" filter in the filters list.
- Reporting: "workItemsHierarchyAllLevels" endpoint supports all standard requests now (same as "workItemsHierarchy").
- Mobile Client: iOS: "Comment" field in the "Start tracking" section now displays properly; Added Work Items icons when connected to Azure DevOps or to supported DevOps Server.
- Windows Client: Pairing with Win Client now works as expected from web-interface in IE11.
- Web Client: Fixed an issue where the work items search was throwing an unhandled exception if the search included "Single quote"(') sign.
- Reporting: Improved performance of Budget API 3.0 endpoint.
- Reporting: Increased the speed of API requests if the number of WorkLogs is more than allowed by the plan limit.
- Reporting: BudgetId now always returns the real Budget ID instead of null in reporting API endpoints.
- Reporting: Page no longer freezes if you use "00:00" time format.
- Reporting: API 2.1 performance improved when Reporting is enabled.
- Reporting: Fixed "Console" configuration of the Column/Bar Chart.
- Timesheet: Custom effort field now displays correctly, even when reporting is disabled.
- Timesheet: Rare issue fixed when opening Timesheet can lead to an exception with text "An error occurred because the primary key specified is not unique..."
- Iterations: Iterations: Unparented WI track sums are now correctly counted.
7pace Timetracker 5.3.2 - 2019-12-24
- "Add time" Dialog: Fixed "Add time" popup dialog editing functionality.
7pace Timetracker 5.3.1 - 2019-12-18
- Budgets: Budgets can now be deleted without errors occurring.
- Reporting: "Use Date Filter" in widget configuration now works in IE and Edge.
- Reporting: Processing of reports won't break now if some of the organization's projects contains no default team.
- Reporting: Fixed issue where budgets were not working properly after enabling the reporting page (inheritance from work items was not working as designed).
- Reporting: Fixed issue that was occurring when moving items between projects was causing the loss of inheritance in reporting and items with parents were displaying as tasks without.
- Authorization: If the Service Account's Personal Access Token has expired, an appropriate error is shown in Reporting. Fixed issue where expired token was being used by Reporting, even if new token had already been applied.
- Billable: Billable hours are now computed correctly when changing a worklog's length with "Billable by default" setting enabled.
- Reporting:"Refresh" button is now disabled until all widgets are loaded.
7pace Timetracker 5.3.0 - 2019-12-12
- API: Reporting: Number of API calls per hour dependent on user subscription plan. "Throttling" now fixed and enforced. Please see - https://www.7pace.com/redir/api-limits for more information (cloud only).
- Reporting: Widgets with Activity Type fields now won't crash if Activity Types are disabled in the system.
- Reporting: The cache is now being updated if a value is deleted from work item fields (work item field was previously not updating if value was changed to null).
- Reporting: The timeout and the size of the batch were increased, so now the cache reset should now work without errors.
- .NET Framework 4.8: On-premises users: Timetracker applications (both Web Application and Windows Client) updated to .NET Framework 4.8.
- .NET Framework 4.8: Cloud users: Timetracker Win Client uses .NET Framework 4.8 now (so it's required to set it up on your PC). TLS 1.2 is now supported and will be used as default soon.
- UI/Design: Application images (e.g images accompanying "The door is locked", "Page is empty", etc.) were replaced by new ones.
7pace Timetracker 5.2.2 - 2019-12-11
- Reporting: Fixed error in Reporting that occurred in rare cases where it failed with error, "The statement terminated. The maximum recursion 100 has been exhausted before statement completion."
- Budgets: Fixed issue where linking/unlinking work items to budgets was causing an error.
7pace Timetracker 5.2.1 - 2019-12-06
- Reporting: Hierarchy broken: Fixed issue after 5.2.0 release where drill-down tables were not showing data and/or budgets weren't properly configured for items.
7pace Timetracker 5.2.0 - 2019-12-03
- Timesheet: Fixed issue where active tasks were not highlighted with a light blue color in Timesheet cells.
- Windows Client: Fixed issue where installation was failing if the Startup folder didn't exist.
- Authorization: On the window that displays alternative ways to authorize Timetracker, fixed the issue where an icon on the window could be clicked upon but didn't lead to anything (now disabled for clicking and hovering).
- Edit Time Dialog: Fixed issue where the "Search" icon was still displaying in the work item text field selector, even after a work item had been selected.
- Time Explorer: Fixed issue where during import, "COLUMN NAME" was still displaying in the column header even after it was already selected. Fixed issue where page was crashing with "Maximum callstack exceeded" error displaying. Fixed issue where Budgets (No budget set) filter was not working.
- Reporting: Fixed UI panel appearance issue on "Configure" window.
- Reporting: The widget edit window now displays the widget type in the title.
7pace Timetracker 5.1.0 - 2019-11-27
- Reporting: Widget now refreshes instantly if it has been reconfigured/updated. User now remains on the same position on the page after saving, instead of being thrown to the top of the page.
- Reporting: All iterations are now shown in the Iterations filter dropdown (only first 100 were showing previously).
- Reporting: If the"Current project" prefilter is applied to the dashboard, the scope of "Iterations", "Areas", "Work Item Types", and "Work Item States" filters on the filter bar will be set to the current project.
- Reporting: Image on Reporting Welcome popup now displays correctly in high-DPI resolution.
- Reporting Export: Fixed issue where if groupings were present during export to Excel, lowest level was shown instead of highest level when user collapsed groups in Excel.
- Reporting: Removed 404 error /redirect that was displaying as reporting was enabled.
- Reporting: Background caching is now working correctly instead of displaying an error if PAT is used as authorization token for the Service Account.
- Reporting: Table widget: Fixed issue where the dates on the widget were not matching the dates on the filter.
- Reporting: "Configure" popup window: Fixed UI appearance that was displaying incorrectly in IE.
- Approval: Approval timesheets are now sorted alphabetically by approval manager name and users' names.
- Migration Tool: Fixed issue where migration option was missing.
- Add Time Dialog: DevOps email is now shown in selector list dropdown next to the user's name instead of private contact email.
- Monthly: "Add Time" logic is now working properly now if server timezone and client timezone have a difference of greater than 12 hours.
- Work Item Type Icons: Any changes made to DevOps Work Item Types will now be applied to 7pace Timetracker within an hour.
- Timesheet: Fixed issue where a highlighted Timesheet cell border was not complete.
- Windows Client: Removed exception message regarding PerRequestLifetimeManager that occurred in rare instances.
- Iterations: Fixed "Object reference not set to an instance of an object on time-voyager" error message that was sometimes displaying on the page.
Timesheet: Optimized to work with reporting and to load quicker. "Filter by Iterations" selection is now available only if the current project is selected to optimize loading time.
7pace Timetracker 5.0.1 - 2019-11-13
- Reporting: Fixed issue where changing the dashboard pre-filter when in edit mode was changing the pre-filters on the top bar.
- Reporting: "Export data" widget button is now working correctly.
- Reporting: Table paging is now working properly.
7pace Timetracker 5.0 - 2019-11-12
- Includes six default reports:
- Backlog Report
- Epics Report
- Last Tracks
- Personal Overview
- Team Overview Report
- Team Overview Report (Date Period)
- Ability to edit, create or delete reports
- Widgets customization:
- 7+ reporting Widget types
- add, edit, reorder or delete columns to Widgets
- import or export Widget definitions
For more information, see the Reporting section of our documentation.