Time tracking data is only useful when connected to your work. In monday.com, this translates to time entries being connected to your items and boards.
You can also set up monday.com automations in the target board to make data truly interconnected with other boards (e.g. obtaining the rates of people); these automations will be kept when new data is added to this board.
If you're interested in further connection of your copied data to e.g. people's rates, please install '7pace Timetracker - Full Template' from the template center. It will guide you through the process.
It's also worth noting the following:
- You cannot choose the target board at this moment. The system automatically creates a new board for you the first time you use 'Copy to board' feature, and the system will continue using this board until you remove it or until the board is full. The board is initially set to 'Private' because it may contain sensitive data; feel free to change it to 'Main' if you need to.
- The target board is bound to a user; it means that a new board will be created for every user who runs the 'Copy to board' functionality.
- Copied data is static, which means that if you change time entries in the past after they have been already copied to a board, the changes will not be reflected in the board. It's the same as if you exported the data to a spreadsheet.
- If you need to refresh some past data, simply remove a respective group in the target board and copy the same period from 7pace Timetracker again.
- Every 'Copy to board' run creates its own group in the target board. This makes deletion of obsolete or accidental exports easier, as well as informing the user of the date and the selected range of past exports.
- You can enhance the target board with your own columns and/or automations and the board will still be eligible for further exports from 7pace, unless you alter the columns created by 7pace. The system checks the board structure before every export; if the board is not eligible anymore, the system creates a new one.
We are considering making the 'Copy to board' process more configurable and automatic, but we first need to verify if this concept proves to be useful. Any feedback will be appreciated - leave us yours using our feature portal!