We recently switched from Timetracker for TFS to Timetracker for VSTS. The "Time" tab is not showing up on the work item form; is there a way to fix that?
Unfortunately, when you migrate from TFS to VSTS, extensions are not inserted into the work item form template (it is marked as modified internally in VSTS). Therefore, you have to modify your WI xml templates in order to add Timetracker-specific fields like "Time" and "Work" on the work item form.
The basic process is described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/extend/develop/configure-workitemform-extensions?view=vsts
In this specific case, do the following:
1. Navigate to "https://[youraccount].visualstudio.com/_admin/_process".
2. Locate the process template you want to modify, click on "..." button and Export it. This will produce a zip archive with a lot of folders and files inside.
3. Open the "WorkItem Tracking\TypeDefinitions" folder. There, you should see a lot (10-20) of xml files of Work Item Types.
4. Select the types you want to have "Time" and "Work" added to the work item form (or maybe all) and apply edits to each xml:
a. Add this into your <WebLayout> as the first element:
b. Add two (2) new groups to enable "Time" and "Work".
Work is located by default (but you can change the location as you wish) inside <Page> second <Section>, before closing </Section> add:
Time is a "page", add it after </Page>:
Apply the same edits to all affected xmls.
5. Save and import Template. After that, "Time" and "Work" will reappear.