I am being asked to authorize 7pace Timetracker, but when I try, I get the error: "Provided token is not working with current account". How do I fix this?
If you use Azure Active Directory in your company, the wrong directory can cause an issue that results in you seeing the "Provided token is not working with the current account" error message. Please make sure that the correct AD settings have been selected.
To do so, please follow the steps, bellow:
1. Go to the the "My Profile" section from any DevOps page (top right corner) using the account that is affected by the issue (https://aex.dev.azure.com/me).
2. Check what AD options you have selected and choose the proper directory:
3. Try to authorize again.
If you don't use Active Directory, please try logging out and logging back in (checking to ensure that your Microsoft account is selected) and then try authorizing again.
4. If the above steps don't work, please open the "My Profile" section again and select "Microsoft account".
5. Click "Manage authorizations" at the bottom-left of the page.
6. "Revoke" anything related to your 7pace or Timetracker authorization.
7. Now switch to your Active Directory account and "Revoke" authorizations for the Active Directory account as well.
If you don't have a dropdown that allows options to switch between AD and Microsoft account, then just revoke authorizations for the account that is chosen.
8. Navigate to 7pace Timetracker's "Monthly" page and refresh the page.
9. Click "Authorize".
Authorization should resume from beginning and will display the extension permissions request. Authorization should successfully complete by clicking "Accept".